GrabbaJabba

It is currently 12/12/18 2:05 PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next New Topic Reply
PostPosted: 12/06/10 11:08 PM •  [Post 81]

Oh good. You are finally here. We've been missing you!!! ((((Mark))))

PostPosted: 12/07/10 7:23 AM •  [Post 82]

Good to see you again and glad that you made it!

PostPosted: 01/13/11 7:44 AM •  [Post 83]

Hi, it's Pati from MA. Been board member on the old Grabbajabba for a while. Lisa introduced me to it when she shut down her yuku board. I am 63 years old, how the hell did that happen LOL. Married 35 years, he should be canonized. I have one daughter and two beautiful grandchildren. We are both retired and enjoying all our leisure activities. Napping, reading, walks with the dogs, traveling when we can, and going out to dinner and to shows and movies. We worked hard and long and well finally get the chance to be lazy.

I am a computer nerd, this is my 6th computer in 20 years. I love to do graphics on it and restore old family photos for my family. I scrapbook a lot and love to read mysteries and history and sometimes frivolous junk.

I have been an unabashed liberal Democrat and proud of it my whole life. I try to stay out of the fray, but well it's hard not to get po'd about some of the garbage being spewed on the internet.

I love animals and support animal rights. At this time all my furbabies are adopted, two Golden Retrievers, we adopted from a puppy mill 7 years ago, they were 3 at the time, still happy and healthy at 10 years old. Two cats, Sal our oldest will be 17 this year and well I think he's the Dorian Gray of cats, he just doesn't get old. Still chasing and catching the occasional little critter to show he can still do it. And Wendi, what can I say she's a bit## but we love her, Diva does not begin to describe her, she tolerates everyone here but my husband, she loves her Daddy.....it's disgusting. But we love her and Sal keeps her in her place.

So that's about it....I also like Celtic music and am proud to have a mostly Irish background, a bit of Brit or two...well that's another story LOL Been to Ireland 2 times hope for a 3rd before I become infirm and old as dirt.

Glad to have a comfortable place to post and not get kicked in the head, went back to one of my old yuku forums recently and they have all been brainwashed and have gotten mean and nasty. It's downright scary out there.

Thanks for inviting me.
Pati

PostPosted: 01/13/11 10:46 AM •  [Post 84]

THERE YOU ARE! (((((WELCOME))))) Such a great intro! Thank you and thanks for coming!!!!!

Quote:
"Glad to have a comfortable place to post and not get kicked in the head, went back to one of my old yuku forums recently and they have all been brainwashed and have gotten mean and nasty. It's downright scary out there."

I so hear ya on that one. I've ran into a couple of those myself lately. I am so glad we can post here without that worry.

I so look forward to all of your thoughts and posting with you again at a forum!!xxx

PostPosted: 01/13/11 11:01 AM •  [Post 85]

And Pati, be sure to check out the "More Substantial Fare" forum for more serious (news and political) topics. I have a feeling you will love that forum. ;)

PostPosted: 01/15/11 7:17 AM •  [Post 86]

Great to see you Pati. I recognise the user name from Yuku.

PostPosted: 02/21/11 12:34 AM •  [Post 87]

Hello Friends,

This type of format is really new to be but hopefully I can do everything correct. My name is DeLoris but I am normally called Dee.

My husband and I have been married for 48 years, have 1 child-son, 6 grandchildren - 3 boys (ages 24, 24, 22 and 3 girls (ages 18,16,14), one great grandson 9 months old. Our oldest granddaughter lives with us as she and her mother do not get along....actually very few people get along with my DIL. We live in the Ozarks of Missouri on our cattle farm. We moved back here 4 years ago after living in Houston, TX for some 24 years. Houston is where my heart is but this is where hubby wanted to retire. He is retired from the oil field business and I am retired from closing commercial real estate loans for many, many years.

My passion is reading and I love books. I have been wanting to open up a used book store and have so much inventory for this venture that if I don't do it soon I am going to run out of space to get all the inventory at the house.

If anyone has any questions, I will be glad to try to answer them.

Thanks for approving my membership.

Dee

PostPosted: 02/21/11 8:56 AM •  [Post 88]

Great intro Dee! Thanks so much and (((((WELCOME)))))!! So glad you came!!!

And I hope you can start that used book store too. You sound like my Mom. She loves to read too!!

I bet it's so beautiful where you live!!! Congradulations being married for 48 years. Way cool!!!

Come on in and make yourself at home and thanks again! ;) xxx

PostPosted: 02/21/11 9:25 AM •  [Post 89]

Thanks for the welcome Lisa. I did forget to mention that my husband and I are animal lovers and have rescured many animals and found wonderful homes for them. Of our own we have 14 cats, three dogs and a donkey named Jack. Jack and two of the dogs were rescued also.

I did notice I made a mistake in the ages of our grandsons ..their ages are 24,23, 21. Our oldest grandson is in the military in Pakistan. He was home in December for the birth of his first child which we are all so happy for.

Have a wonderful day,

Dee

PostPosted: 02/21/11 8:14 PM •  [Post 90]

So cool. I love animals too and rescueing them. Currently, we have 6 cats. We took in a stray last summer who was pregnant. We ended up keeping her kittens. They are our family. We also have one dog named Quincy (a yellow lab with a big heart). LOL to your donkey. I bet he's so cute.

And I didn't realize you had a Grandson stationed in Pakistan. I hope he can return home soon.

I hope you've had a wonderful day!!!xxx

PostPosted: 02/22/11 10:23 AM •  [Post 91]

Glad to see you here and look forward to getting to know you!

PostPosted: 02/27/11 2:15 AM •  [Post 92]

Thank you all for the warm welcome. This week has been a busy one for our family as two of our granddaughters are involved in basketball and have been having elimination games all week and this weekend the tournaments are going on. That;s where we have been allllllllll day long. The teams that win keep playing other teams that win until the last one is eliminated. So far the teams our granddaughters play on our both winning. I do not want to see them play against one another.. that happened last year and you hate to see either of them lose.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

PostPosted: 02/27/11 10:53 PM •  [Post 93]

So, how did the games turn out? I hope good and they didn't have to play against each other.

Haven't done much this weekend. It seems to have flown by so quickly. I needed to get a bunch of ironing finished, Hopefully, I can get it finished up tomorrow.

PostPosted: 04/14/11 10:09 AM •  [Post 94]

Hello all. I'm Nabeela, mother to a 13 year old son *well will be 13 next month*, am 34 years old, engaged to Thomas *been together going on 14 years in June* and we are from MI.

I love cooking/baking, bowling, watching movies/tv, listening to music, spending time with family/friends and playing around on the computer.

If you want to know anymore please ask.

PostPosted: 04/14/11 10:29 AM •  [Post 95]

Hi Nabeela!!! WELCOME to Grabba Jabba! Thank you for coming. It's so nice to meet you and I look so forward getting to know you better.xx

PostPosted: 04/14/11 10:51 AM •  [Post 96]

Thank you Lisa. Very nice here and I will be posting more later on today..

PostPosted: 04/14/11 2:35 PM •  [Post 97]

Goddess of the Dance

Hi! Wil, Lisa, and Marilyn have known me for a long time. I was BerryBlondeOne on yuku. J'naii is my dance name. I've had a lot of things going on in my life and had to take a break from lots of things, including the message board and bellydance. Suffice it to say that sometimes your life can be completely upended when the rug is pulled out from under you. I'm trying to get back to some of my previous pastimes.

I grew up in Wisconsin but left in 1981 when I enlisted in the USMC. I left the Corps after 8 years, but met my husband there and he stayed 20 years and retired in 2002. We lived in SoCal while stationed at Camp Pendleton and Virginia while stationed at Quantico and Norfolk. When hubby retired in 2002 we stayed in Virginia Beach, bought a house and we're still here.

Our daughter is married and we have a grandson now. He's already 2 years old! Our son is a math major at Virginia-Wesleyan College.

I volunteer at the thrift shop on Little Creek Base. I also started doing the bookkeeping job for the thrift shop, which can keep me quite busy at times.

I had bunion surgery last year which kept me out of dance for awhile, but I finally made it to class this
Tuesday.

PostPosted: 04/14/11 3:58 PM •  [Post 98]

Welcome back, BB1!

Nabeela, good to see you here!

I think this is a breath of fresh air from our previous setup. Hope to see more of you both.

J'naii, I am sorry to hear that you had some setbacks. I hope you are on smoother times now.

PostPosted: 04/14/11 4:05 PM •  [Post 99]

OMG! A cool coolz blast from the past. JOAN!! It's so fantastic to see you. Thanks for coming! ((((Hugzzzz)))) So good to hear you are doing better and are able to dance again. Wow, I can't believe your little grandson is 2 now? Where does time fly? WELCOME!!

PostPosted: 04/16/11 8:18 PM •  [Post 100]

Thanks Marilyn. :)

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next New Topic Reply