GrabbaJabba

It is currently 02/16/19 8:54 AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next New Topic Reply
 Post subject: Bin Laden is dead
PostPosted: 05/01/11 10:45 PM •  [Post 1]

Goddess of the Dance

Knew it must be something important for President Obama to start a speech this late Sunday night.

I'm just really glad that it's finally done.

Post subject: Re: Bin Laden is dead
PostPosted: 05/01/11 11:09 PM •  [Post 2]

I will believe it when we have full 'Bone DNA' data and samples. This man has died more times than a 5 year olds hamster....(s), all you parents know what I mean.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 12:16 AM •  [Post 3]

Goddess of the Dance

Supposedly they killed him about a week ago and did DNA match before releasing this info

PostPosted: 05/02/11 1:09 AM •  [Post 4]

Osama bin Laden is the only case where I have suspicions that there might be something to some of the conspiracy theories. He had connections with the Bush family, he's an Arab and their first loyalty is to their family, but he has an extensive family back in Arabia where the government isn't fussy about leaning on people it doesn't like. and to top it all, one of his high-ups appear to have been a converted Jew with Anti-Defamation League connections.

I don't go for Gummint dirty tricks, or even the CIA. But I am not impressed with the CIA's record since the Reagan years but I am impressed by what the Israeli Secret Services and Dirty Trick Departments can get up to, and pulling a fast one over the CIA with some elusive Bond-style Mr Hate who perhaps never existed as such does look to me within their capability.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 1:46 AM •  [Post 5]

Actually one of the problems with the republicans is that they often told lies, pretending it was the Spooks screwing up, but in reality it was them cherry picking data to get the results they wanted.

Now we to admit, it doesn't look good when they were all about "wall, what wall? Oh that one, in Berlin?" And when the soviet union tripped over its shoe laces and lost the arms race by spending more on guns than they had Bullets for.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 6:36 AM •  [Post 6]

Judas H. Priest, everyone!! As much as I care about all of you, he's dead already!! It isn't any conspiracy, and it has nothing to do with the Republicans, yet we have to pee in the cornflakes?? I suppose if they sent the head to some people who keep doubting, they'd maintain it was a fake or some conspiracy. Even with certified DNA results.

Now the rant is over. Why can't people just accept that real life isn't some Robert Ludlum novel and most news is really as it is. Elvis is not at some Burger King up in Michigan, either.

Be glad we finally got him.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 7:37 AM •  [Post 7]

I'm glad that he is gone,however I am right there with my Prime Minister and unfortunately it is true when he says " Bin Ladden's death is not the end of terrorism"

PostPosted: 05/02/11 7:40 AM •  [Post 8]

No one said it was; but, it is a great psychological victory and offers the victims of 9-11 as well as the rest of our country in particular some feeling of justice served. As for the other side, it is a psychological blow and defeat.

I am also sure that there will be some repercussions.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 8:22 AM •  [Post 9]

Everyone has a right to an opinion on this. Sometimes I have wondered on some of the conspiracy theories too and still do. I think with the way politics are, we all have a right to doubt sometimes in our leaders and the way things unfolded with this war and mess. But, hopefully that will change.

As for me, it's hard for me to cheer on someone/anyone's death. He was a mad man and you have to wonder what made him that way. For that, I take pity on him. On the other hand, I do feel a sense of relief with him being gone. I just worry that someone else will take his place? Whatever the case, this has to be another step forward to dismantling AlQaeda.

Anyway, good job Pres. Obama and to all of our soldiers!!! I loved Pres. Obama's speech last night and how he thanked everyone...even Pres. Bush. I know who I am voting for in the next election. No doubt about it.

Here's some reactions from leaders around the world;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/0 ... rge_W_Bush

PostPosted: 05/02/11 8:32 AM •  [Post 10]

Joan, I thought it was so unusual for him to give a speech late and on a Sunday night too. I was just getting ready for bed and checking twitter one last time when the news came that he was about to give a speech on "national security". Freaky.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 11:28 AM •  [Post 11]

Well I for one am glad he is finally dealt with. however now we have to wonder whats going to happen next? you can bet your boots that there is going to be retaliation.

I worry for our troops over there and for us here on US Soil.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 11:42 AM •  [Post 12]

Oh and I just read on CNN that his body was buried at sea because no country wanted him to be buried on their land for fear of his grave becoming a shrine.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/02/ob ... 1&iref=BN1

PostPosted: 05/02/11 12:21 PM •  [Post 13]

Quote:
Why can't people just accept that real life isn't some Robert Ludlum novel and most news is really as it is. Elvis is not at some Burger King up in Michigan, either.

How about becuase he was reported dead at least 4 times i can reacall in the past, including 'proof' by the CIA? You Think that might have something to do with it. Do you think that nobody here ever follows the real news or that we just eat up the Faux News crap like candied fruit peel and accept it as fact?

Now, once agai, Part of thier history in the middle east, and a standard procedure is put out as much conflicting news on the death of someone, usually to cover the actual death but it is not unusal in these cases for people to have 'look alikes'. It makes for a real humm dinger when the "dead person" walks again, something christians all love anyway.

At this point, I willing to bet he really is dead, but since he has "died" before, only to be found alive later in another country, I will reserve the celebration for while if you don't mind.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 12:33 PM •  [Post 14]

Hes dead, confirmed gone... and has since become fish food... but can you imagine the conversation with God he's going to have?

PostPosted: 05/02/11 12:46 PM •  [Post 15]

I wouldn't want to be him for sure Chi.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 1:03 PM •  [Post 16]

They have the DNA. Jihadist sites are mourning him--something I haven't recalled hearing about before. This time just rings different than the other times before. Also, no President has ever come out and confirmed with absolute certainty, not even Bush, that he had died. The closest I've heard always was tempered with the word, "might be" dead, and "waiting for confirmation".

PostPosted: 05/02/11 3:21 PM •  [Post 17]

chiutfan wrote:
Hes dead, confirmed gone... and has since become fish food... but can you imagine the conversation with God he's going to have?

Reminds me of the Joke going around a while back about Bin Laden and 70 Virginians.

When Osama bin Laden died, he was met at the pearly gates
by George Washington, who slapped him across the face and
yelled: "How dare you try to destroy the nation I helped conceive!"

Patrick Henry approached, punched him in the nose and
shouted: "You wanted to end our liberties but you failed."

James Madison followed, kicked him in the groin and said:
"This is why I allowed our government to provide for the
common defense!"

Thomas Jefferson was next, beat Osama with a long cane
and snarled: "It was evil men like you who inspired me to
write the Declaration of Independence."

The beatings and thrashing continued as George Mason,
James Monroe and 64 other early Americans unleashed
their anger on the terrorist leader.

As Osama lay bleeding and in pain, an angel appeared.
Bin Laden wept and said: "This is not what you promised me."

The angel replied: "I told you there would be 70 Virginians waiting for
you in Heaven. What did you think I said?

PostPosted: 05/02/11 4:01 PM •  [Post 18]

J'naii wrote:
Supposedly they killed him about a week ago and did DNA match before releasing this info

This conflicts with what the president stated in his statement. He said that his compound and him were attacked earlier Sunday and Bin Laden was killed by gun fire. Therefore, it wasn't "a week ago". That statement about being killed a week ago was simply speculation by the media (I gather and hope) before Obama made his speech. If not, then someone is lying. My question is... can they get DNA proof in the same day of his death?

Anyway, I understand people doubting he's dead. But whatever the case, if he's truly dead, it doesn't mean his terrorist group is "finished". If anything, this will only make his followers and second, third and fourth in command rise up and prove they are still just as active with or without Bin Laden.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 5:43 PM •  [Post 19]

Goddess of the Dance

There is still much speculation on the details, and even more last night, thus "supposedly". Of course we now have better information.

I live in a military community and work/volunteer on Little Creek base. I am very proud of our active duty personnel. I speak with them regularly and they love this country in which we live and and are proud to serve.

PostPosted: 05/02/11 6:44 PM •  [Post 20]

J'naii wrote:
There is still much speculation on the details, and even more last night, thus "supposedly". Of course we now have better information.

I live in a military community and work/volunteer on Little Creek base. I am very proud of our active duty personnel. I speak with them regularly and they love this country in which we live and and are proud to serve.

No doubt. ;) I am just curious about the reports about the actual DNA. I think what the president says was true in what happened, but the earlier reports before his statement and even the media comments afterwards, is kinda sketchy!

Go to page 1, 2  Next New Topic Reply