GrabbaJabba

It is currently 07/07/22 2:46 AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Reply
PostPosted: 07/09/10 3:33 AM •  [Post 1]

LOL! She's cracking me up again....and not only that....so giving to animals. I just love her. Image

Golden year. The Betty White 2011 calendar will be available in September for $12.99. Photos: AP (2)

Betty White may be 88 but she is about to prove she really is still a wild thing!

The actress is capping off the day in which she received a much deserved Emmy nomination for her appearance as the oldest -- and might we say funniest -- "Saturday Night Live" host in history by announcing her next role: Calendar pinup girl!

The last surviving "Golden Girl" tells the BBC she's created a 2011 calendar to benefit the Morris Animal Foundation, which supports research on animal health and welfare.

The charity pictorial includes photos of the longtime animal activist posing with beloved creatures from the critter and human kingdom in a manner that will permanently seal her cougar reputation.

One shot features White reclining in a poolside chaise and being served by three shirtless, greased-up hunks dressed only in their Skivvies. Some of her favorite pets, maybe?

White, who is now starring in TVLand's aptly named "Hot in Cleveland," says all proceeds from the $12.99 calendar -- due in September -- will benefit the foundation.

Meanwhile, check out StyleList's take on what some famous Hollywood types might look like if they had White's signature hairstyle.

PostPosted: 07/09/10 5:32 AM •  [Post 2]

LOL! I love how she's taking all this attention in, and using it to her advantage. I hope she has a good manager who is not taking advantage of her.

PostPosted: 07/09/10 5:55 AM •  [Post 3]

I am so old that i remember when Betty married Alan Lunden (not sure on the spelling) he was the host of the original "PassWord"...not sure of any of you even are old enough to remember that game show...TV tried to bring back PassWord...and Betty was a contestant...watching the View one day...Betty was on it..and she said the show flopped because people just didn't know 'words to describe other words'...and that reality shows were hot because people didn't have to think in order to enjoy the show...anyway...Good for Betty White...I am so happy for her...I remember Betty from so many old programs...but I think her role as Rose in the Golden Girls was her best character..though it certainly didn't represent the real Betty White. I am sure Betty is not being taken advantage of ...and God help the person who even tries to scam her.

PostPosted: 07/09/10 2:32 PM •  [Post 4]

Oh, I just love her to pieces! She played such a loveable bitch in the Mary Tyler Moore Show. She'd throw a compliment, then cut you down in the last sentence:

PostPosted: 07/09/10 2:39 PM •  [Post 5]

She's awesome! Thats so cute

New Topic Reply